- The aircraft is taxied to the VVIP Lounge area of the Bandaranaike International Airport
- First door of the aircraft opens for the visiting Head of State/Government and the delegation to disembark
- The Chief of Protocol and the Head of visiting country’s Diplomatic Mission board the aircraft to greet and invite the Head of State/Government and Spouse to disembark the aircraft
- The visiting Head of State/Government and Spouse descend followed by the Chief of Protocol and the Head of the visiting country’s Diplomatic Mission
- At the foot of the gangway, the Head of State/Government and Spouse will be presented with a garland/bouquet of flowers and are welcomed by the Honourable Foreign Minister.
- Honourable Foreign Minister /Chief of Protocol introduces the Head of State/Government to the welcoming party in the receiving line from the Sri Lankan side which will comprise of;
- Deputy Foreign Minister
- Governor, Western Province
- Chief Minister, Western Province
- Foreign Secretary
- Director General of the Territorial Division
- Chairman, Airport & Aviation
- Number of such welcome party shall not exceed 12
- The Head of Mission introduces the welcome party in receiving line from the visiting country to the Head of State/Government
- The Head of State/Government signs the ‘Golden Book’
- The Head of State/Government and Spouse will be escorted to the VVIP car
- The visiting Head of State/Government and Spouse, together with the accompanying delegation leave in a special motorcade to the hotel
- The reverse order shall apply on departure
- One on one meeting is a restricted meeting held between the President of Sri Lanka and the visiting Head of State/Government prior to the Bilateral Meeting.
- The First Lady and the Spouse of the visiting Head of State/Government may join the One on One.
- Bilateral Meeting takes place at the Conference Hall of the Presidential Secretariat.
- Twelve official delegates can accompany the visiting Head of State/Government to the meeting (1+12) (Can Vary).
- Interpreter/Note taker may join the official delegation if necessary.
- The Signing Ceremony takes place after the Bilateral Meeting
- Participants at the Signing ceremony take their positions in front of the signing table, with those of the visiting country on the right of the Sri Lankan side.
- The Master of Ceremony announces the names of the agreements and the signatories
- The signatories take their designated seats
- Signing of documents
- After both signatories sign, the signatories exchange the documents
Order of Precedence of the Diplomatic Corps
As at 02 February 2023