The State Ministry of Regional Cooperation
කලාපීය සහයෝගිතා රාජ්ය අමාත්යාංශය
The State Ministry of Regional Cooperation was established under Part I: Sec. (I) of the Extraordinary Gazette dated 25.09.2020 of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka with the policy guidance of the Foreign Ministry and the mandate mentioned below.
Subjects and Functions
Assisting in the formulation of policies in relation to the subject of Regional Cooperation for the creation of “Friendly and Non-aligned Foreign Policy” under the direction and guidance of the Foreign Minister in conformity with the prescribed Laws, Acts and Ordinances and implementing projects under the National Budget, State Investment and National Development Programme, and implementing, monitoring and evaluating subjects and functions of the below-mentioned Department.
- Expanding economic and trade bonds with Asian countries
- Strengthening close relations with SAARC and BIMSTEC countries
- Establishing relations with the Middle-East and South-East Asian countries related to trade, tourism and investment and job market.
- Taking actions to create foreign market opportunities for local industrialists, and for traditional cultural creations and local products.
- Directly contributing to eliminating the various obstacles the Sri Lankan entrepreneurs to access goods and services markets in foreign countries, and enlisting the participation of those countries in promoting investment and tourism in Sri Lanka.
In line with the vision of the H.E. the President of Sri Lanka as outlined in the “Vistas of Prosperity and Splendour” to create a prosperous and economically strong nation, the State Ministry of Regional Cooperation has undertaken several initiatives towards promoting the economic interests of Sri Lanka as per the above mandate.
Related Institutional and Legal Framework
Departments, Statutory Institutions and Public Corporations
Laws and Ordinance to be Implemented
|1. Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute for International Relations and Strategic Studies
Sri Lanka Institute of Strategic Studies Act, No. 45 of 2000