සන්ධාන කටයුතු පිළිබඳ මාර්ගෝපදේශ සංග්රහය
Guidelines for Visits By Foreign Dignitaries to Sri Lanka
The Protocol Division of the Foreign Ministry is the focal point for all incoming visits of foreign dignitaries. Below are some of the Guidelines which we adhere when Foreign Dignitaries visit Sri Lanka.
- The aircraft is taxied to the VVIP Lounge area of the Bandaranaike International Airport
- First door of the aircraft opens for the visiting Head of State/Government and the delegation to disembark
- The Chief of Protocol and the Head of visiting country’s Diplomatic Mission board the aircraft to greet and invite the Head of State/Government and Spouse to disembark the aircraft
- The visiting Head of State/Government and Spouse descend followed by the Chief of Protocol and the Head of the visiting country’s Diplomatic Mission
- At the foot of the gangway, the Head of State/Government and Spouse will be presented with a garland/bouquet of flowers and are welcomed by the Honourable Foreign Minister.
- Honourable Foreign Minister /Chief of Protocol introduces the Head of State/Government to the welcoming party in the receiving line from the Sri Lankan side which will comprise of;
- Deputy Foreign Minister
- Governor, Western Province
- Chief Minister, Western Province
- Foreign Secretary
- Director General of the Territorial Division
- Chairman, Airport & Aviation
- Number of such welcome party shall not exceed 12
- The Head of Mission introduces the welcome party in receiving line from the visiting country to the Head of State/Government
- The Head of State/Government signs the ‘Golden Book’
- The Head of State/Government and Spouse will be escorted to the VVIP car
- The visiting Head of State/Government and Spouse, together with the accompanying delegation leave in a special motorcade to the hotel
- The reverse order shall apply on departure
- One on one meeting is a restricted meeting held between the President of Sri Lanka and the visiting Head of State/Government prior to the Bilateral Meeting.
- The First Lady and the Spouse of the visiting Head of State/Government may join the One on One.
- Bilateral Meeting takes place at the Conference Hall of the Presidential Secretariat.
- Twelve official delegates can accompany the visiting Head of State/Government to the meeting (1+12) (Can Vary).
- Interpreter/Note taker may join the official delegation if necessary.
- The Signing Ceremony takes place after the Bilateral Meeting
- Participants at the Signing ceremony take their positions in front of the signing table, with those of the visiting country on the right of the Sri Lankan side.
- The Master of Ceremony announces the names of the agreements and the signatories
- The signatories take their designated seats
- Signing of documents
- After both signatories sign, the signatories exchange the documents
Order of Precedence of the Diplomatic Corps based in Colombo
As at 25 February, 2021