Sunday, October 22, 2017
   
Text Size

News From Other Media

C4 has many concoctions

The government yesterday totally rejects claims made in the latest Channel - 4 video, Mass Media and Communications Minister Keheliya Rambukwella said yesterday. Answering queries raised by the media during the weekly cabinet briefing, the minister said that it was another attempt to tarnish the image of the country using fabricated material.

The minister recalled, he had predicted that the Channel – 4 possessed several such videos at the time when the first one surfaced.

“Plans to air these videos at the time by Channel 4 had to be shelved due to efforts taken by the government to counter them”, he added.

When questioned on his reaction over an alleged comment made by former President Chandrika Kumaratunga’s son over the phone to his mother regarding the channel 4 video, the minister said that if this was truly the case it was very unfortunate.

He recalled that the LTTE had tried to assassinate former President Kumaratunge using a suicide bomber which blinded her in one eye. The British Channel 4 aired another video on Wednesday night featuring a man with his face blurred on the screen. It claimed that the man on the video was a Lankan soldier engaged in the final stages of the conflict.

However, Military Spokesman Major General Ubhaya Medewala denied that any solider gave such an interview to the Channel 4.

Speaking over the phone Major General Medewala said: "They are attempting to justify the fake videos previously aired by the TV station’.

Meanwhile, when questioned on what action the government would take in the face of repeated airing of such videos by Channel 4, Minister Rambukwella said that the government would make use of all avenues at its disposal to counter such false propaganda.

The government has taken a number of steps to make the world community aware of the true happenings during the ‘humanitarian operation, he observed.

Minister Rambukwella said that the detailed report compiled by the Defence Ministry on the conduct of the humanitarian operation would be made available to all. The report was handed over to the President on Wednesday by Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa. The details of the report would be made available to the international community through relevant Sri Lankan missions abroad. Through Lankan missions all steps would be taken to make the international community aware in this regard. The minister also described the report as a ‘public document’ and added that it would soon be released to the local media.

Source: Daily News

 

Page 1188 of 1190

missionnews

indday2017

newsfromom2

Open Government Partnership

OGPicon

Right to Information

ria-image
                               
                 Click Here to Read More...


   fbtwitter-logo youtubeicon instagram sunclouds

     irb

Important Links

            HEweb
pmweb1
news gov.info
travel tourism
business financial
defence immigration

announcements

Gov20151GICnewslk2015SLTPB

AASL

cbsl-2013BOI2015

Consular Assistance

consular01082017

UNHRC AND HUMAN RIGHTS

UNHRC20151

UPRbutton1

ONUR

scrm

DOCUMENTS

v2025english

visionbutton-sin        visionbutton-tam

maithri-en-manifesto
S-Button20-1-2015  T-Button20-1-2015

Sri Lanka Missions Overseas

Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute

lkiirss_logob1  b2

b3


Downloads

natanthemsin

natanthemtam

na2

na3

musical-score

BIDTI

BIDTI_logo

NEWS FROM OTHER GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS

Bid Notice

Bid-MinRuralEconomy