Internal Audit and Investigations Division
Internal Auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activities, designed to value added services.
The objective of this Division is to provide the Ministry with a systematic and disciplined audit approach in order to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the internal control and corporate governance.
- To evaluate the reliability and effectiveness of financial and internal control systems of the Ministry and recommend the implementations;
- To review the level of compliance with the existing policies, laws, regulations and directives
- To ascertain that activities of the Ministry are carried out in a prudent, efficient and effective manner;
- To ascertain that all assets and interests of the Ministry are safeguarded against losses and fraud;
- To provide guidance and recommendation on matters related to internal control system.
- Conduct the internal audit inspections at the Sri Lankan Missions abroad
- Conduct investigations whenever necessary
The Internal Audit Division is currently headed by Chief Internal Auditor Mr. G.A. Senaratna.
Telephone : 0094 115921146
Fax : -