Economic Affairs Division
The Economic Affairs Division is responsible for the promotion of trade and export development activities, promotion of foreign investment and tourism development in Sri Lanka. This division is also responsible for the development of Sri Lanka's international economic relations and bi-lateral cooperation.
- Promoting Sri Lanka’s economic relations with the rest of the world including bilateral, multilateral, regional and global economic relations.
- Liaising with key Government Institutions responsible for promoting trade, investment and tourism.
- Cooperating with international economic organizations and matters concerning treaties of commerce and other commercial and economic agreements.
- Facilitating negotiations of bilateral and multilateral economic and trade agreements.
- Enhancing employment opportunities for Sri Lankans abroad in all categories.
- Facilitation of Scholarships and Short Term Training opportunities to Sri Lanka and by Sri Lanka.
- Facilitation of short term visas for Foreign Experts from international institutions/agencies such as JAICA, ADB, World Bank and IMF.
The Economic Affairs Division is currently headed by Additional Secretary, Mrs. G. Asirwatham
Telephone : 0094 11 2 431 980
Fax : 0094 11 2 422 644